Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flower Pot Pens



My planning desk in the kitchen tends to collect stuff...so...I was looking for a way to eliminate some of this clutter. Normally I would have a pen jar sitting there, but that ends up collecting all sorts of things as well. I have had the oversized coffee cup planter for about a year now and it has basically just been sitting empty in random places in my kitchen...and then it hit me...I don't have to put a real plant in it and I can make it functional. This was a super simple project and it looks like it took a ton of time.

You'll need:

-Your choice of pens. (I like Bic crystals)
-Fake flower of choice (I used white gerber daisies to go with my decor)
-floral tape
-Pinto beans (one bag should do)
-A container of your choice
-Ribbon (Optional...I decided not to use any)

You will need to remove the plastic stem part and leave only the wire. After removing the plastic, attach the flower by wrapping the floral tape around the wire and pen. If you are not going to use the ribbon you will probably want to wrap the floral tape almost to the bottom of the pen. This will look better. (at this point you could wrap the pen with ribbon, hot gluing at the top and bottom of the pen).
Fill the container you plan on using with pinto beans and insert pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment