Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pallet Coffee Table






This was such a fun project and it turned out awesome!
Materials:
Pallet
Pre-made table legs (I got mine at Home Depot...you can get them in various heights)
Spray paint (optional if you'd like the natural look)
Glass for top

The process is pretty simple. I sanded down some of the rougher parts of the pallet, but for the most part there's not much prep on the pallet. You will need to drill the holes for the legs to screw into. The hole should be slightly smaller than the screw at the top of the legs. Screw legs in. Make sure you do it on the right right side...I wasn't paying attention the first time and well...you get the picture...just annoying having to redo things. After you have the legs in it's time to paint. You can choose any color you'd like. I chose mine to match some of the furniture I already have. You can also leave it natural. for a top you can get a sheet of glass for it. I am still finishing up the stained glass top that I made for mine, but in the meantime I am using 4 beveled squares that I had from the table that this one is replacing. I like this look as well! It makes it a good place to store some of your favorite books or you can use it for magazines and newspapers...be creative! And the fun thing about using pallets is there are really soooo many options for uses...from tables to shelves! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment